We Are a Drug Free Certified Charlottesville Business
Here at SERVPRO of Charlottesville safety is of utmost importance. One way we help to ensure safety is by making our workplace drug free.
What it means to be a drug free certified business:
1) SERVPRO of Charlottesville is committed to protecting the safety, health, and well-being of our employees, our customers plus their belongings, as well as all other people we may interact with while in route to or performing our services on a day to day basis.
2) We recognize that drug and alcohol abuse pose a direct and significant threat to providing a safe working environment. For this reason, we are committed to remaining a substance-free workplace.
3) Therefore, SERVPRO of Charlottesville firmly prohibits the illicit use, possession, sale, conveyance, distribution, or manufacture of illegal drugs, intoxicants, or controlled substances in any amount or manner.
4) This also consists of prohibiting the abuse of alcohol or prescription drugs.
5) Any disregard of this will result in adverse employment action up to and including dismissal from our company.
Why do we insist on having a drug free working environment?
The use of drugs can open the door for a lot of safety hazards.
Our employees operate a lot of heavy equipment and machinery including driving work vehicles on a daily basis.
We repeatedly handle priceless possessions that belong to our customers.
Our customers entrust us with valuables that they hold near and dear to their hearts. We want to do our best to keep their possessions, at the very least, in the condition we received it in but ultimately restore it to be better-quality considering our line of work it so restore to preloss condition and make it “Like it never even happened."
While operating equipment and heavy machinery as well as handling valuable possessions that belong to our customers, SERVPRO of Charlottesville crew members need to be fully alert and engaged while working. Abstaining from the use of drugs and alcohol is just one way we help to uphold this.
Our Highly Trained Restoration Specialists can restore your Charlottesville Home
We are an IICRC Certified Firm
SERVPRO of Charlottesville is an IICRC firm. The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) creates the standards for the restoration industry and provides training and certification to restoration companies. IICRC Certified Firms have the right to display the IICRC Certified Logo.
IICRC Certified Firms must
• Present accurate information to consumers and conduct business with honesty and integrity.
• Require a technician on all jobs who has been formally trained and passed all required tests.
• Require a continuing education program to keep technicians up-to-date on the latest changes in the industry.
• Maintain liability insurance to protect all parties in the event of an accident.
• Maintain a written complaint policy and agree to Better Business Bureau or similar arbitration to resolve disputes, and accept the conclusions and recommendations of arbitration.
The IICRC Develops The Standards For The Restoration Industry
The IICRC has been the driving force in establishing the main industry standards and reference guides for professional carpet cleaning, water damage restoration and mold remediation. These IICRC standards take years to develop and require the coordination of experts in the field: manufacturers, industry organizations, insurance professionals, training schools, contractors, and public health professionals.
Every five years, the standards are reviewed and updated. The water damage restoration field changes rapidly with advancements in technology and science, and therefore the standards must evolve to keep pace.
About SERVPRO of Charlottesville
SERVPRO of Charlottesville specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration and we are an IICRC Certified Firm. We believe in continuous training: from initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
SERVPRO of Charlottesville Certifications
- IICRC Certified Firm
- WRT - Water Damage Restoration Technician
- ASD - Applied Structural Drying Technician
- LCT - Leather Cleaning Technician
- RCT - Rug Cleaning Technician
- OCT - Odor Control Technician
- CCT - Carpet Cleaning Technician
- CMT - Commercial Carpet Maintenance Technician
- RRT - Carpet Repair & Reinstallation Technician
- UFT - Upholstery & Fabric Cleaning Technician
- AMRT - Applied Microbial Remediation Technician
- SRT - Fire & Smoke Damage Restoration Technician
- CRT - Color Repair Technician