Hurricane Season Prep
Believe it or not, July is just the beginning of Hurricane Season. Atlantic Hurricane Season is June 1-November 30. And, even though the Charlottesville area is not considered coastal, we can still feel the effects of hurricanes headed our way. A torrent of rain is one of those effects. Which brings on the “F”-word…
- Check your ‘Flood Zone’ here
- Check your policy and call your insurance provider to find out if you are covered for flooding. If you are not covered, you can add it. Just don’t wait till the next hurricane, or flood event.
- For basement flooding preparation tips, click here.
- For great information from on flood preparedness, click here
- Elevate basement items and store them in plastic bins.