Holiday Light Fire in Charlottesville?
SERVPRO® of Charlottesville has been restoring fire damage for residents and business owners in Albemarle County for many years. More home fires happen around the winter holiday season than at any other time of the year. With this in mind, we want everyone to have a safe holiday season and offer these safety tips from the National Fire Protection Association:
Holiday Decorating Safety Tips
- Be careful with holiday decorations. Choose decorations that are flame resistant or flame retardant.
- Keep lit candles away from decorations and other things that can burn
- Some lights are only for indoor or outdoor use, but not both
- Replace any string of lights with worn or broken cords or loose bulb connections. Read the manufacturer’s instructions for the number of light strands to connect.
- Use clips, not nails, to hang lights so the cords do not get damaged
- Keep decorations away from windows and doors
- Blow out lit candles when you leave the room or go to bed
- Turn off all light strings and decorations before leaving home or going to bed
Charlottesville residents and commercial business owners can count on us to respond quickly when there is a fire damage emergency. SERVPRO® of Charlottesville’s technicians are on-call to assist you 24-hours a day. Call us today at 434-977-5850.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.