Faster To Any Size Disaster
24 Hour Emergency Service
When a pipe bursts in the middle of the night or the rain suddenly is pouring in from under your foundation, in addition to the panic and frustration, it can feel like you are the only person in the world who cares about this problem. That’s why we are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year, so that you never feel alone. We are continually working to streamline our emergency response processes so that we can arrive more quickly and get started sooner.
In the event of a disaster in your home or business, you’ve already lost enough. Let us help restore normalcy to your residence and make it “Like it never even happened.”
Need Emergency Service? Call Us 24/7 – (434) 977-5850
Faster to Any Size Emergency
In many cleaning and restoration situations, immediate action is needed. With over 1,700 U.S. and Canadian Franchise locations, SERVPRO is strategically positioned to be faster to any size emergency. An immediate response helps to minimize the damage and the cleaning and restoration costs.
Water is particularly invasive, quickly spreading throughout your property and being absorbed into floors, walls, furniture, etc. SERVPRO of Charlottesville arrives quickly and starts the water extraction process almost immediately.
Water Damage Timeline
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal begins to rust and corrode.
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
- Paint begins to blister.
- Wood flooring swells and warps.
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
More Than 1 Week:
- Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
- Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.