Hurricane Season Prep
Don’t wait for the next hurricane or flood event to add flood insurance to your policy.
Believe it or not, July is just the beginning of Hurricane Season. Atlantic Hurricane Season is June 1-November 30. And, even though the Charlottesville area is not considered coastal, we can still feel the effects of hurricanes headed our way. A torrent of rain is one of those effects. Which brings on the “F”-word…
- Check your ‘Flood Zone’ here
- Check your policy and call your insurance provider to find out if you are covered for flooding. If you are not covered, you can add it. Just don’t wait till the next hurricane, or flood event.
- For basement flooding preparation tips, click here.
- For great information from on flood preparedness, click here
- Elevate basement items and store them in plastic bins.
SERVPRO of Charlottesville is an IICRC Certified Firm with many of our technicians IICRC certified in Water Damage Restoration.
Need help from a Storm Damage Event? Call SERVPRO of Charlottesville at 434-977-5850. We are locally owned and operated, with national storm resources, so we can be “Faster to any size disaster.”
Meet SERVPRO of Charlottesville’s New Owner
With Jackson Lindsay at the helm, SERVPRO of Charlottesville is in gifted and capable hands.
A warm Charlottesville welcome to Jackson Lindsay, the new owner of SERVPRO of Charlottesville as of June 19, 2020. An Asheville, NC native, Jackson is a graduate of Clemson University with a degree in Accounting and Finance. With a strong and energetic entrepreneurial streak, Jackson has established three other businesses and successfully sold them. His business ownership includes a landscaping business, a property management company, and a water sports rental company. Jackson has considerable work experience in real estate as a development analyst, commercial real estate broker, and an acquisition specialist.
Jackson is attracted to the SERVPRO brand because of the company culture, the hands-on nature of the work, and the team-driven customer service. He also enjoys outdoor activities such as boating, wakeboarding, dirt biking, and snowboarding.
Jackson is a staunch believer in excellent customer service and has a keen desire to grow our local franchise to new heights. With Jackson at the helm, SERVPRO of Charlottesville is in gifted and capable hands.
As a “Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry,” SERVPRO of Charlottesville is locally owned and operated, with national resources so that we can be “Faster to any size disaster.” Call us at 434-977-5850 for 24 Hour Emergency service.
“Here to Help” Our Roanoke Neighbors During Storms and Flooding
Loading up our vehicles to hit the road for Roanoke.
In the past, we have received help from other SERVPRO franchises. In May of 2020, we were “Here to Help” our neighbors, SERVPRO of Roanoke County franchise with the storms and flooding that inundated their area. The Roanoke area weather forecast on Tuesday May 19, 2020 was looking bleak; Nine-plus inches of rain over a four-day stretch.
According to Roanoke’s wsls.com news on May 21st and 22nd, the Roanoke River crested at 15.9 feet. This was the 8th highest crest on record for the river, and “almost as wet as the flood of ‘85”. Sixty structures in Roanoke had to be evacuated, according to emergency personnel.
By Thursday, May 21st, our owner, Earl, asked us to send Charlottesville crews and equipment to the Roanoke area. Within a few hours, we had crews on the road to Roanoke.
Crews also came to help from Lynchburg, and several franchises in Ohio. Our Charlottesville crews were there for a week to mitigate water damage; four to five jobs per day, per team, with two to four people on a job.
Here to help. It’s what we do. And it always feels good for a chance to give back.
Need help with water damage? Call SERVPRO of Charlottesville Today 434-977-5850 for 24/7 Emergency Service
Choosing SERVPRO of Charlottesville Involves Continuous Training
Congratulations to our Production Manager, Ryan, for completing his OSHA-10 Training.
We are delighted to announce that our production manager, Ryan, completed his OSHA-10 Training! Hooray!
The safety and health of our customers and employees is something we take very seriously here at SERVPRO of Charlottesville.
This Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA-10) training course emphasizes promoting “workplace safety and health and to make workers more knowledgeable about workplace hazards.” Too many accidents can and do happen when people rush and don’t think things through before taking action.
Understanding the types of hazards that are involved on a job site is of the utmost importance. For instance, electrical hazards could be fatal. Since many of our jobs deal with water damage clean up and restoration, electrocution and shock are a main concern.
Another illustration of hazards on a jobsite would be a slip, trip and fall hazard, due to wet floors, electrical cords, and debris. As common-sense as that sounds, the dangers are only too real for those who have experienced this type of endangerment and injury.
For more information on our SERVPRO of Charlottesville employee training, click here.
Call SERVPRO of Charlottesville today at 434-977-5850 to become Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned – a defensive cleaning program
Our defensive cleaning program gives your business a way forward by providing your employees and customers ongoing safety and assuredness.
Let us help you get back to business
As our communities re-open, we’re all moving back toward a new kind of normal. The expectations of visitors, customers, and employees who come into our establishments have evolved, and staying safe and well is a top concern. The global COVID-19 pandemic has changed what it means to be clean, and we’ve developed a program to help your business meet the new higher standard of clean that is now expected.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned is a defensive cleaning program we’re offering to businesses and commercial locations to address the current COVID-19 pandemic. This proactive viral pathogen cleaning program goes well beyond janitorial or carpet cleaning. By choosing Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you, your employees, your customers, and your community can rest assured that you’ve selected a higher cleaning standard – you are Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned.
Extensive training and specialized products
As the #1 choice in cleanup and restoration*, we stand on more than 50 years of experience and expertise to help your business become Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned. Beyond fire & water, SERVPRO professionals are trained and experienced in biohazard decontamination and chemical spills – always adhering to the cleaning and decontamination standards set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local authorities.
From formulating and creating our proprietary cleaning products, like SERVPROXIDE, at our headquarters in Gallatin, TN, to taking the utmost care while disinfecting, we will ensure you and your business are set up to inspire consumer confidence as the economy continues to reopen.
3 C’s – Consult, Clean, and Certify
When the stakes are this high, you want a partner who has developed an industry leading, proprietary training program, cleaning solutions, and remediation processes over decades. We’ve cleaned up some of the most challenging biohazards imaginable. Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned reflects our unique experiences and capabilities. The program is grounded with our unique 3 C’s: Consult, Clean, and Certify.
- Consult – Every business is different, which is why you’ll be assigned a Cleaning Protocol Consultant who understands your business and will create a cleaning program to meet your specific needs. This program will be developed based on your business type, size of space, amount of high frequency touchpoints, foot traffic and congestion points.
- Clean – Based on your specific business needs, your location will undergo a thorough, deep clean, using exclusive cleaning products, according to protocols set forth by the CDC. Our employees have years of experience, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform. Cleanup procedures generally include cleaning of porous and non-porous surfaces, disinfecting of non-porous surfaces, cleaning and disinfecting of equipment, tools, and/or supplies used for cleanup process, and disposal of hazardous materials. In the event of a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 event, we will be there cleaning within 24 hours to ensure you get back to business as quickly as possible.
- Certify - Once your business location has been Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you will gain access to proprietary signage, digital emblems, and other collateral that communicates that you’ve selected a higher standard of clean available to help protect your employees and customers. And because we add the day, month, and year to that proprietary stamp of clean, your guests will know that not only did you choose Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned,but that your location is being cleaned regularly at this standard.
To view a demonstration video on our fogging equipment, click here.
Call SERVPRO of Charlottesville today at 434-977-5850 for your Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation.
* #1 Choice in cleanup & restoration based Commercial Attitude & Usage Tracking study. Polling 816 commercial business decision makers on first choice for future needs related to cleanup & restoration work. Study conducted by C&R Research: October 2019
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned means professionally trained SERVPRO franchises perform the requested cleaning, sanitizing and disinfection services according to proprietary SERVPRO protocols and recognized industry and CDC standards with EPA approved cleaning products to deliver a SERVPRO certified cleaning experience. Each SERVPRO franchise is independently owned and operated.
Yes, Charlottesville! We do COVID-19 Cleaning!
We have the highest standards, experience and products to clean and disinfect your business.
This is what we do
We do cleaning and disinfecting services for COVID-19, and we have been since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic. We are ready, willing and able to clean and disinfect your commercial property.
We are cleaning professionals
- High Standards of SERVPRO’s trusted brand in cleaning and sanitation, and the standards set by the CDC guidelines
- Experience- more than 50 years in dealing with biohazard decontamination
- Training and expertise- IICRC standards and certifications
- We use EPA-approved disinfectants, such as SERVPROXIDE, “which is a hospital-grade disinfectant that carries the Environmental Protection Agency’s lowest toxicity category and is National Sanitation Foundation certified for sanitizing surfaces in and around food processing surfaces”
Testimonies from previous customers who used our disinfecting service:
Wendy in Charlottesville said, "Exceptional service-Highly recommended. Thank you!"
Paige in Charlottesville said, “Extremely timely and responsive to the needs of our business.”
To view a demonstration video on our fogging equipment, click here.
Businesses that can benefit from our expertise:
- Retirement Communities
- Fitness Centers
- Airport/ General Aviation/FBO
- Government Facilities
- Apartment complexes
- Grocery stores
- Brick and mortar stores
- Hair salons/ Barber shops
- Fire Stations /Police station
- City/County offices
- Post offices
- Country Clubs/Resorts
- Day care centers
- Auto repair shops/Auto dealerships
- Visitor’s Center
- Monticello/Historic sites
- Paramount/Jefferson Theaters/venues
If your business needs disinfecting, call the experts Today –SERVPRO of Charlottesville at 434-977-5850 ‘We’re Here to Help’.
Charlottesville: We Are “Here to Help” with Your Commercial Water Damage Process!
Our precision drying equipment is set up safely in the office space.
Say your business has a burst pipe, and now your office is flooded. Now what?
What’s involved in the water damage process to get your business up and running, with minimal disruption to your day to day operation?
At SERVPRO of Charlottesville, it’s more involved than just mopping up the water.
With a focus on worker and occupant safety, controlling the hazards in a water damaged environment is a constant concern.
Also involved in the water damage process is:
- Initial inspection and assessment, using our precision equipment, and determining the scope of work
- Paperwork signed authorizing the work
- Meticulous documentation (photos, sketches, journal notes)
- Removal of any unsalvageable items
- Water extraction, using a variety of high-tech equipment
- Our precisely placed drying equipment
- Professional techniques, knowledge, training, and experience
- Continuous communication with the customers and the insurance adjusters
An example of a commercial water damage job we managed of was JAUNT. This was accomplished with minimal disruption to their day to day work and with safety controls in place. In addition, JAUNT could operate their daily driving schedules without disruption to their passengers.
It’s never a suitable time for an interruption in your business to take care of a water damage emergency. That’s where we come in! We were able to help our local Charlottesville customers so it looked ‘Like it never even happened.’
For our Damage Restoration Process click here.
All our crew chiefs have their IICRC certifications in water damage restoration.
To watch our video on moisture meters, click here.
Does your Business Need Water Damage Restoration? Call SERVPRO of Charlottesville Today at 434-977-5850 for 24/7 Emergency Service!
Why Choose SERVPRO of Charlottesville? Our Ongoing Safety Training!
Congratulations to Crew-Chief Chris for completing his OSHA 10 training.
We just have to brag about our outstanding crewmembers!
Crew-Chief Chris completed his OSHA 10 Training! Congratulations!
OSHA stands for Occupational Safety and Health Administration, and is under the Department of Labor. This ten-hour training course, overseen by OSHA authorized trainers, is about recognizing and preventing hazards on a job site. At SERVPRO of Charlottesville, we take the safety of our employees and customers very seriously.
As a Crew-Chief, it is up to him to set an example of workplace safety to his team. Chris kindly shared some highlights from his recent training:
- Every chemical must be properly marked and labeled. It is extremely hazardous to have unmarked chemicals lying around in the restoration industry.
- Inspect all power cords and tools (hand tools and power tools) before using, to prevent electrical shock and other hazards.
- Use all appropriate Personal Protective Equipment or PPE’s for the job at hand. This includes safety glasses, ear protection, the right type of gloves for the job, Tyvek suits and respirators for contaminated areas, or areas of containment.
- Ladders need to be on a level surface and properly braced for safety.
The most vital point was to stop and think before you take action. Be aware of your surroundings, and the possible hazards they could pose.
For more information on the extensive training all our SERVPRO of Charlottesville employees undergo, click here.
Why SERVPRO? We Are Scientists!
Our scientists have the knowledge and training to help you with a fire or water damage restoration.
Did you know there is a plethora of science involved in training a water and fire damage restoration technician at SERVPRO of Charlottesville? Who knew?
The Training is Rigorous
- Initial franchise training
- On-going web-based training with tests at the end of every training module
- Stringent IICRC certification
- Hands-on training on the jobsite
- Lead-Safe training
- Subrogation Training
The Science We Use Everyday
- Amps and voltage, with a mathematical formula to determine the power requirements for a job.
- GFCI’s (Ground-Fault Circuit Interrupters) Important, since many of our jobs involve water.
- Power distribution boxes that convert 240-volt circuits into 120-volt circuits. Knowing about this is critical to ensure they have the right amount of power to run the correct equipment to get the job done, without going beyond amp capacities.
- Measuring the relative humidity, temperature of air masses and Dew Point
- Creating negative pressure, and measuring it to confirm that it has been reached.
- Condensation, temperature control and humidity control
- Type of pump needed for different jobs, depending on factors: suction, lift, fluid-type, and hose length/width and type.
- Type of extraction tools
- Air-movers; which type for the job
- Dehumidifiers; desiccant or refrigerant and where to place
- Type of generator for the job. Is there electric power at the site?
- Our products and determining the right EPA approved chemicals for the job, the correct temperature and ratio. Determine if it is nonionic, anionic, or cationic; If it is cationic, it will be incompatible with anionics.
This gives one an idea of the scope of our technicians’ knowledge and training. Among the many questions they contend with is ‘What’s the most efficient way to dry the particular job?’ Every job situation is different, and there is always something new to learn.
Storm Damage Restoring vs Replacing: Our SERVPRO of Charlottesville Philosophy
We're here in our local Charlottesville community to help with your storm, water and fire damage clean up. Call Us!
How does one know what needs to be restored or replaced, when it comes to sifting through the aftermath of a storm event? Experiencing storm water damage can be overwhelming. It can feel like everything is ruined and must be replaced. But wait! SERVPRO Of Charlottesville is “Here to Help”! Our philosophy is to restore First.
- Our IICRC certified trained professionals can help you assess what can be restored and what is not salvageable. For example, building materials, such as drywall, subfloor materials, carpets, and floorings can be restored, unless they were in contact with water for a long time, or in contact with contaminated category 3 water.
- Faster to restore than replace. We can begin drying and cleaning materials right away. Replacing materials involves the longer process of removing, discarding, choosing, purchasing and installing new materials. We are committed to helping recover these items if it is possible. For information on our Water Damage Restoration Process click here.
- Cheaper to restore than replace. We have all the high-tech moisture meters and drying equipment necessary to restore rather than replace. For a video demonstration on a few of our moisture meters, and why they are critical in the water damage assessment, monitoring and restoration process, click here.
- We work with insurance companies to keep them appraised as the work progresses. Insurance companies are happy to work with us as the cheaper and quicker alternative to replacement.
More often than not, Restoration is a better alternative to Replacement. For information on caring for your belongings and storm damage, click here.
Need help from a Storm Damage Event? Call SERVPRO of Charlottesville at 434-977-5850 for cleaning and restoration in Albemarle County, Wintergreen, Schuyler, Lake Monticello, Troy, and Palmyra. We’re “Here to Help”!