When Dinner Scraps are Floating Through the House, Call SERVPRO of Charlottesville.
Got smoke damage? SERVPRO® of Charlottesville is Here to Help®. Our teams are better at remediating damage than inattentive cooks are at burning things.
SERVPRO of Charlottesville
“Multi-tasking” is a great sounding excuse for doing something you’d rather do when you’re supposed to be doing another. You’re supposed to be checking on the lasagna, but that’s boring, so instead you play a computer game, and you get so involved, you forget to check the oven.
Soon, you smell something, but you figure, just another minute. Then, you hear something that sounds a lot like a smoke alarm, but hey, it’s probably the computer game, so you’ll attend to it in just another minute…
Most likely, you’ll catch it time to cancel the fire department from coming to your house, but the lasagna will be a complete loss.
While the kitchen will probably not be a loss, it probably won’t look, or smell, that good.
Whatever the reason, cooking fires are the most common types of fires in the United States. If part of your Charlottesville kitchen goes up in smoke, call SERVPRO of Charlottesville for help. Call us no matter what kind of fire happens at home.
Our number is 434-977-5850.
Don’t worry about interrupting the dinner hour or anything else. Our services are always available.
Please don’t have a meltdown if you hear a recording when you call. No one has abandoned you. Leave a message. A team member will return your call soon.
What to Expect
Remember, if you don’t reach a person right away someone will return your call soon. The return call will be within an hour, probably sooner.
- Ask questions to learn whether to bring roof tarps or other barriers. When we arrive at your house, we will be prepared with everything we need
- Upon arrival, we begin assessment and put the barriers to protect your home
- If the fire was severe enough to require water for fire suppression, we immediately begin extracting the water because water starts causing damage right away
- Our assessment includes looking for smoke and soot in places you may not know to look
- Fire residue moves:
- With air currents and through the air ducts, even if the HVAC is not turned on
- From low places to high places
- From warm spots to cool spots
- We provide you with a written report. We do only the work you agree to. We work directly with most insurance companies
- Our team members have certifications in cleaning and remediation of smoke damage. We remove the smoke as quickly and efficiently as we can because it is corrosive
- When smoke and soot are removed and all the damage is remediated, we clean and disinfect the entire structure as well as the belongings (which may be warehoused)
- We remove odors
- We help restore the house and belongings to their preloss conditions
- Scott Fitzgerald coined the word “t-shirt” in his 1920 novel “This Side of Paradise”.
SERVPRO of Charlottesville