Hurricane Preparedness in Charlottesville?
Hurricane Season in Charlottesville?
SERVPRO® of Charlottesville responds to storm damage emergencies throughout the year. We want you and your loved ones to be safe and prepared in the event of a hurricane. Here are some tips from the Virginia Department of Emergency Management on preparing your home for a hurricane:
- Bring loose, lightweight objects such as patio furniture, garbage cans, and bicycles inside
- Anchor objects that would be unsafe to bring inside (e.g., gas grills and propane tanks)
- Trim or remove damaged trees and limbs close enough to fall on structures
- Secure loose rain gutters and downspouts and clear any clogged areas or debris to prevent water damage to your property
- Purchase a portable generator or install a whole-house generator for use during power outages
- Keep alternative power sources, such as a portable generator, outside, at least 20 feet away from the house, and protected from moisture
- Document the condition of your home prior to the storm
When your home or commercial business experiences a storm damage emergency, SERVPRO® of Charlottesville is Here to Help. ® Our technicians are on-call 24-hours a day to serve you, and we typically arrive on-site within four hours of your call. Call us today at 434-977-5850. We’ll restore your storm damage in Charlottesville, “Like it never even happened.”
Franchises are Independently Owned and Operated.