Halloween Party Fire in Free Union?
According to the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), Halloween decorations are the first thing to ignite in more than 800 reported home fires each year, and candles are responsible for starting over one-third of the fires. SERVPRO® of Charlottesville responds to fire damage emergencies each year during Halloween and offer these Halloween fire safety tips to keep Free Union party-goers safe:
- When choosing a costume, stay away from long trailing fabric
- Dried flowers, cornstalks, and crepe paper catch fire easily
- Keep all decorations away from open flames and other heat sources like light bulbs and heaters
- If you use a real candle, use extreme caution
- Make sure children are watched at all times when candles are lit
- When lighting candles inside jack-o-lanterns, use long, fireplace-style matches or a utility lighter
- Be sure to place lit pumpkins well away from anything that can burn and far enough out of the way of trick-or-treaters, doorsteps, walkways, and yards
- Remember to keep exits clear of decorations, so nothing blocks escape routes
- Tell children to stay away from open flames, including jack-o-lanterns with candles in them
- Be sure children know how to stop, drop and roll if their clothing catches fire. (Have them practice, stopping immediately, dropping to the ground, covering their face with hands, and rolling over and over to put the flames out.)
Call Us Today!
Franchises are Independently Owned and Operated.