Mold Damage in Earlysville Business?
After the last rain, I noticed a musty smell in our offices in Earlysville. Then I saw mold growing by the window. Our office manager called SERVPRO® of Charlottesville. The SERVPRO team arrived quickly and inspected the damage. They determined that water intrusion coming in through the top of the exterior window frame was the cause of the excess moisture that caused the mold growth. They repaired the leaking window frame, and they were able to contain and remove the mold damage in that small area. Now our offices are mold-free and smell great!
Here is some information from our website about mold:
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or Air conditioning and heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing
- Mold spores thrive on moisture
- Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water
- Mold colonies may produce health effects
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed; otherwise, the mold may return
Franchises are independently owned and operated.