Can a Thunderstorm Cause Damage to my Charlottesville Home?
Charlottesville is no stranger to inclement weather. Last September, severe thunderstorms brought hail from a cold front that swept across the Mid-Atlantic region. Our local team in Charlottesville responds to storm damage emergencies 24-hours a day and offers these thunderstorm safety tips from the National Weather Service:
Nowhere outside is safe when thunderstorms are in the area. Run to a secure building or vehicle when you first hear thunder, see lightning or observe dark threatening clouds developing overhead. Stay inside until 30 minutes after you hear the last clap of thunder.
When Thunder Roars, Go Indoors
- Stop all activities
- Seek shelter in a substantial building or a hard-topped vehicle
- Wait thirty minutes after the storm to resume activities
- Stay off corded phones. You can use cellular or cordless phones.
- Don't touch electrical equipment or cords
- Avoid plumbing. Do not wash your hands, take a shower or wash dishes
- Stay away from windows and doors, and stay off porches
- Do not lie on concrete floors or lean against concrete walls
Call Us Today!
When your Charlottesville home or commercial business has a storm damage emergency, our local team in Charlottesville can help. We typically arrive onsite within our hours of your call. Call us today at 434-977-5850.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.