Broken Pipe Causes Water Damage in Charlottesville Home?
Our local team in Charlottesville witnesses firsthand the damage water can do to a home or business. Here are some tips from our website for things you can do while waiting for professional help to arrive if you have water damage or flooding:
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place
- Gather loose items from floors
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place
- Hang furs and leather goods
- Don't leave books, magazines, or other colored items on wet carpets or floors
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water
- Don't use television or other household appliances
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if the ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging
Call Us Today!
When you have a water damage emergency in your Charlottesville home or commercial business, our team in Charlottesville is Here to Help.® We’ll clean up and restore your water damage “Like it never even happened.” Call us today at 434-977-5850.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.